- Plymouth Food Charter
- Plymouth Food Awards 2014
- Info & resources
- Blog & News
- Contact Us and Get Involved
Sustainable Food City: Plymouth Action Plan
The Plymouth Food Charter, launched nearly a year ago, has unveiled a new action plan at an event on 23 February. The plan, developed by the city-wide Food Plymouth partnership, aims to provide the framework and guidance to help healthy and sustainable food drive and support a thriving local economy.
The event showcased new and exciting developments around local food in Plymouth. Speakers will include representatives from the public, private and third sectors discussing how the Plymouth Food Charter has helped to drive positive change for their organisations, as well as the city.
The event was aimed primarily at engaging with the business community to discuss and explore the interrelationship between healthy and sustainable food and a vibrant local economy.
Aside from the business community, decision makers and leaders from across the city attended and explored how an integrated approach to food can support the delivery of learning and skills, health and wellbeing, resilient communities and a reduced eco-footprint.
Click here to download your copy of the Action Plan
Tagged with: action plan
Post Tagsaction plan BFE Big Food Event Breakfast Catering Mark Collaboration Competition Cornwall CSA Devon Event Fish Food Food Awards Food For Life Food hub foodies good food Growers Health Local local food Market organic Partnership Pledge Plymouth Plymouth City Council Plymouth Fairness Commission Plymouth Food Awards Porridge Producers Recipe Restaurants school school food Schools seafood social enterprise Sustainable Sustainable Food City Tamar Valley University Urban Weight Loss
Sign up for the Food Plymouth Newsletter
- RT @IlCapriccioPlym: Tortino al cioccolato Warm dark chocolate dessert served with vanilla ice cream @visitplymouth @foodplymouth http://t.co/XATyW013DY, 9 hours ago
- RT @ThoroughBreadPL: @sentfromdevon We're an artisan bakery based in Plymouth and are @RealBread Campaign members #realbread @foodplymouth #sentfromdevon, 9 hours ago
- 19 #recipe ideas for leftover #onions http://t.co/2ABTsEnHEd, 18 hours ago
- Local produce #market Mount Edgcumbe House today, 10am - 4pm http://t.co/BnGIoVVh4E @TamarGrowLocal @CornwallFood, 20 hours ago
- #Spirulina: a luxury #health #food and a panacea for malnutrition http://t.co/MkBdwwoeBk @Guardian, Sep 13
- #Urbanfood fortnight events #London http://t.co/KwdefFWhe4 #localfood, Sep 13
- Our 10 best #bread #recipes http://t.co/zKdc7A3kXe @Guardian, Sep 13
- #SocialSaturday today! Check out @PlymSocEnt http://t.co/E9Qd6jRuHs #socentcity, Sep 13