- Plymouth Food Charter
- Plymouth Food Awards
- Info & resources
- Blog & News
- Contact Us and Get Involved
Sustainable Food City: Plymouth Action Plan
The Plymouth Food Charter, launched nearly a year ago, has unveiled a new action plan at an event on 23 February. The plan, developed by the city-wide Food Plymouth partnership, aims to provide the framework and guidance to help healthy and sustainable food drive and support a thriving local economy.
The event showcased new and exciting developments around local food in Plymouth. Speakers will include representatives from the public, private and third sectors discussing how the Plymouth Food Charter has helped to drive positive change for their organisations, as well as the city.
The event was aimed primarily at engaging with the business community to discuss and explore the interrelationship between healthy and sustainable food and a vibrant local economy.
Aside from the business community, decision makers and leaders from across the city attended and explored how an integrated approach to food can support the delivery of learning and skills, health and wellbeing, resilient communities and a reduced eco-footprint.
Click here to download your copy of the Action Plan
Tagged with: action plan
Post Tagsaction plan BFE Big Food Event Breakfast Catering Mark Collaboration Competition Cornwall CSA Devon Event Fish Food Food Awards Food For Life Food hub foodies good food Growers Health Local local food Market organic Partnership Pledge Plymouth Plymouth City Council Plymouth Fairness Commission Plymouth Food Awards Porridge Producers Recipe Restaurants school school food Schools seafood social enterprise Sustainable Sustainable Food City Tamar Valley University Urban Weight Loss
Sign up for the Food Plymouth Newsletter
- Have you voted yet? #Plymouth's 'City to Sea' wild flower campaign! pls RT http://t.co/LKo92GrVSP #VoteGWPlymouth http://t.co/7o7Z7dRFXY, 19 mins ago
- #Funding available for #food themed ventures in #Devon #Cornwall: http://t.co/GKE7n4eYSr @UnLtd, 2 hours ago
- RT @IlCapriccioPlym: Pink tagliatelle, try them with taleggio cheese sauce and rocket!! @foodplymouth @PlymUni @cityplym @WhatsOnPlymouth http://t.co/5X6GnJUIpm, 2 hours ago
- Painted #pumpkins raise awareness of #food allergies for trick-or-treaters in #US http://t.co/pbuuIv5EsV #health, 2 hours ago
- Half of #city #children have never tasted a sprout http://t.co/PBIcJF1UL7 via @Leicester_Merc #food #health, 5 hours ago
- There's a #Hospital #Food Revolution Happening in #America http://t.co/QuZoLNmaru via @TakePart @SoilAssociation, 8 hours ago
- RT @PlymouthChaz: Thank U @MariePhils @PlymouthPinoy for donating Me & Sarah are abseiling off the @HIPlymouth today for @PoppyLegion http://t.co/rZOxoFJ1G8, 9 hours ago
- RT @FarmC02Toolkit: One day event on low carbon growing. How to reduce emissions in horticultural systems. 11th Nov, Oxfordshire http://t.co/5383cusoL0, 9 hours ago