- Plymouth Food Charter
- Plymouth Food Awards 2014
- Info & resources
- Blog & News
- Contact Us and Get Involved
Sustainable Food City: Plymouth Action Plan
The Plymouth Food Charter, launched nearly a year ago, has unveiled a new action plan at an event on 23 February. The plan, developed by the city-wide Food Plymouth partnership, aims to provide the framework and guidance to help healthy and sustainable food drive and support a thriving local economy.
The event showcased new and exciting developments around local food in Plymouth. Speakers will include representatives from the public, private and third sectors discussing how the Plymouth Food Charter has helped to drive positive change for their organisations, as well as the city.
The event was aimed primarily at engaging with the business community to discuss and explore the interrelationship between healthy and sustainable food and a vibrant local economy.
Aside from the business community, decision makers and leaders from across the city attended and explored how an integrated approach to food can support the delivery of learning and skills, health and wellbeing, resilient communities and a reduced eco-footprint.
Click here to download your copy of the Action Plan
Tagged with: action plan
Post Tagsaction plan BFE Big Food Event Breakfast Catering Mark Collaboration Competition Cornwall CSA Devon Event Fish Food Food Awards Food For Life Food hub foodies good food Growers Health Local local food Market organic Partnership Pledge Plymouth Plymouth Food Awards Porridge Producers Recipe Restaurants school Schools seafood Sustainable Tamar Valley University Urban Weight Loss
Sign up for the Food Plymouth Newsletter
- RT @One_RWY: If you like the tea/coffee and preserves/chutneys then you can buy them here at Royal's Sweet Emporium! http://t.co/oBMzoR8rDE, 28 mins ago
- RT @TelegraphFood: Sensational summer ice cream recipes http://t.co/AnrykNqPWk, 29 mins ago
- RT @fdevonportpark: Make #Devonport Park your venue of choice for tomorrow's event! Music, good food and more. What's not to enjoy? http://t.co/XBPXh4ra0j, 29 mins ago
- RT @BistroWineMan: RT @sainsburys: Retweet if sometimes, the simplest weekend breakfasts are the best… http://t.co/ALwgVML6Nj http://t.co/4zjDTd4nnR yep, 29 mins ago
- 10 Reasons Why an Apple a Day Really Is a Good Idea http://t.co/C6LpJGs7Zy @thefoodbabe @thefoodsection @HealthyTips RT @ecowatch, 1 hour ago
- How #listeria gets in your #food, and how to prevent it http://t.co/RzvkdDSdQZ, 2 hours ago
- RT @torbaydesign: Don't Forget the #Fireworks on #Paignton Seafront On Saturday Night !! #torbayhour #DevonHour http://t.co/AWr6hUoWcT http://t.co/7Ca2SOTXOt, 3 hours ago
- RT @radioscilly: Have fun if you're off to Aggy Fest- on St Agnes- all day, until midnight! #Scilly, 3 hours ago