- Plymouth Food Charter
- Plymouth Food Awards
- Info & resources
- Blog & News
- Contact Us and Get Involved
Sustainable Food City: Plymouth Action Plan
The Plymouth Food Charter, launched nearly a year ago, has unveiled a new action plan at an event on 23 February. The plan, developed by the city-wide Food Plymouth partnership, aims to provide the framework and guidance to help healthy and sustainable food drive and support a thriving local economy.
The event showcased new and exciting developments around local food in Plymouth. Speakers will include representatives from the public, private and third sectors discussing how the Plymouth Food Charter has helped to drive positive change for their organisations, as well as the city.
The event was aimed primarily at engaging with the business community to discuss and explore the interrelationship between healthy and sustainable food and a vibrant local economy.
Aside from the business community, decision makers and leaders from across the city attended and explored how an integrated approach to food can support the delivery of learning and skills, health and wellbeing, resilient communities and a reduced eco-footprint.
Click here to download your copy of the Action Plan
Tagged with: action plan
Post Tagsaction plan BFE Big Food Event Breakfast Catering Mark Collaboration Competition Cornwall CSA Devon Event Fish Food Food Awards Food For Life Food hub foodies good food Growers Health Local local food Market organic Partnership Pledge Plymouth Plymouth City Council Plymouth Fairness Commission Plymouth Food Awards Porridge Producers Recipe Restaurants school school food Schools seafood social enterprise Sustainable Sustainable Food City Tamar Valley University Urban Weight Loss
Sign up for the Food Plymouth Newsletter
- #Chinese #environmentalism driven by desire for #healthy food & #green living http://t.co/rvsZJIBkwn @TheEcologist, 3 hours ago
- 10 Companies That Are Rethinking #Food #Waste http://t.co/Z6G027QC8Y @triplepundit, 6 hours ago
- #Solar farm generates dazzling returns for local residents http://t.co/jWECPRT4PP #energy #renewable #ethicalinvestment, 10 hours ago
- #Obesity owes more to bad #diet than lack of #exercise, say doctors http://t.co/eIkgAREqZj @Guardian #food #health, Apr 23
- #African #food is the next big thing, says chef at #Ghana Kitchen pop-up http://t.co/l7pruC9O0O http://t.co/bf2kLU1K7L, Apr 23
- #Sugar is to blame for #obesity epidemic - not couch potato habits http://t.co/O3hp9otRLv @Telegraph #health #food, Apr 23
- RT @ColumnBakehouse: RT @Ianmsmith15: Informative socent session w/ @PlymouthFutures for @foodplymouth inc inputs and produce from @ColumnBakehouse &@RumpusCosy, Apr 22
- #Mintel: 60% of Brits would consider #solar panels in the next five years http://t.co/Um1QcqEVdR #renewable #energy http://t.co/99phQfnF9g, Apr 22