- Plymouth Food Charter
- Plymouth Food Awards
- Info & resources
- Blog & News
- Contact Us and Get Involved
Sustainable Food City: Plymouth Action Plan
The Plymouth Food Charter, launched nearly a year ago, has unveiled a new action plan at an event on 23 February. The plan, developed by the city-wide Food Plymouth partnership, aims to provide the framework and guidance to help healthy and sustainable food drive and support a thriving local economy.
The event showcased new and exciting developments around local food in Plymouth. Speakers will include representatives from the public, private and third sectors discussing how the Plymouth Food Charter has helped to drive positive change for their organisations, as well as the city.
The event was aimed primarily at engaging with the business community to discuss and explore the interrelationship between healthy and sustainable food and a vibrant local economy.
Aside from the business community, decision makers and leaders from across the city attended and explored how an integrated approach to food can support the delivery of learning and skills, health and wellbeing, resilient communities and a reduced eco-footprint.
Click here to download your copy of the Action Plan
Tagged with: action plan
Post Tagsaction plan BFE Big Food Event Breakfast Catering Mark Collaboration Competition Cornwall CSA Devon Event Fish Food Food Awards Food For Life Food hub foodies good food Growers Health Local local food Market organic Partnership Pledge Plymouth Plymouth City Council Plymouth Fairness Commission Plymouth Food Awards Porridge Producers Recipe Restaurants school school food Schools seafood social enterprise Sustainable Sustainable Food City Tamar Valley University Urban Weight Loss
Sign up for the Food Plymouth Newsletter
- RT @DolphinHouseBra: Merry Christmas to all our customers and partners! #christmas #6days @PlymBarbican @foodplymouth @ExperienceSH @PlymHoe, 10 hours ago
- Top 10 guilt-free #Christmas #present ideas http://t.co/ulZWwR52tK #ethical #sustainable http://t.co/iBC1NhqUB1, Dec 19
- 30 - 40% of all #food grown is lost http://t.co/BwI4vgfiAk @grist #foodwaste http://t.co/FYtwgjcO2S http://t.co/7HLZim3Tmt, Dec 19
- Reducing #foodwaste takes more than finishing your plate http://t.co/BwI4vgfiAk @grist #food http://t.co/FYtwgjcO2S, Dec 18
- How to #transition #students to #healthy #food http://t.co/dktwFO0TUK @HuffPostEdu @FFLPartnership http://t.co/HIXnck3wVJ, Dec 18
- How #design affected the world of #food in 2014 http://t.co/LyX3ykMcoI @design_week http://t.co/9Po4aYILBD, Dec 18
- Avoid the 12 #health hazards of #Christmas http://t.co/egHa8JdDBu #food, Dec 18
- RT @PlymouthHerald: Top marks for Plymouth University: http://t.co/QTqt18TK8c @PlymUni #education #university #Plymouth http://t.co/ST9MfEDBoX, Dec 18