- Plymouth Food Charter
- Plymouth Food Awards 2014
- Info & resources
- Blog & News
- Contact Us and Get Involved
Sustainable Food City: Plymouth Action Plan
The Plymouth Food Charter, launched nearly a year ago, has unveiled a new action plan at an event on 23 February. The plan, developed by the city-wide Food Plymouth partnership, aims to provide the framework and guidance to help healthy and sustainable food drive and support a thriving local economy.
The event showcased new and exciting developments around local food in Plymouth. Speakers will include representatives from the public, private and third sectors discussing how the Plymouth Food Charter has helped to drive positive change for their organisations, as well as the city.
The event was aimed primarily at engaging with the business community to discuss and explore the interrelationship between healthy and sustainable food and a vibrant local economy.
Aside from the business community, decision makers and leaders from across the city attended and explored how an integrated approach to food can support the delivery of learning and skills, health and wellbeing, resilient communities and a reduced eco-footprint.
Click here to download your copy of the Action Plan
Tagged with: action plan
Post Tagsaction plan BFE Big Food Event Breakfast Catering Mark Collaboration Competition Cornwall CSA Devon Event Fish Food Food Awards Food For Life Food hub foodies good food Growers Health Local local food Market organic Partnership Pledge Plymouth Plymouth Food Awards Porridge Producers Recipe Restaurants school Schools seafood Sustainable Tamar Valley University Urban Weight Loss
Sign up for the Food Plymouth Newsletter
- #French #food lovers crave #British cuisine | via @Telegraph http://t.co/0WwnoUMGtM, 12 hours ago
- Most #pesticide heavy #fruit and #veg of 2014 http://t.co/EyxkHBd3B9 @HealthyLiving, 14 hours ago
- Big portions of #food could actually put you off your favourite meal http://t.co/dGfDzxPLyq via @MailOnline #health, 19 hours ago
- Britain’s increasing taste for white #meat is a disaster for #animals and for us http://t.co/kwO6CvLjqS @Guardian #health, 22 hours ago
- #Farmers' #markets 'vital' to thriving West Country #food and drink businesses http://t.co/GrJSg70tTR via @po_st, 24 hours ago
- Will Investors Still Back #Food #Startups As Competition Heats Up? http://t.co/Jvn0gDljRQ via @WSJ, Jul 26
- Sorted #Food, a #Cooking Channel, Is a #YouTube Hit http://t.co/BLwzlzr3sA, Jul 26
- Vladimir #Putin employs fulltime #food taster http://t.co/YCmuxatrUa, Jul 26